25.7.09

clot.

and then i told her, "i'm the type of person who picks up a piece of licorice off the floor with his foot and eats it."

but what does that triple-salted metaphor amount to? i don't know. even if i did know, i'd forget it before i got the chance to scrawl or type it.

also, i think i've decided to start blogging more. this is nice.

back to my forgetfulness: i should buy a little book to write things in. however, my little book of telephone numbers gets misplaced so often that i don't know if i could manage having two little books.

i was toying with the idea of getting an answering machine as well. the kind i will be able to hear my voice instructing the caller to leave a message, while i am curled in bed (alternately, on the couch) watching josef von sternberg movies and slathering myself in cake batter.

"it's not that i don't want to talk to you, it's just that the chocolate i'm bathing in is hard to pick out of the mouthpiece of my telephone with a paper clip. leave a message at the beep."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd leave you messages if you got an answering machine. Fun ones that wouldn't even require you to call me back.

Anyway, Vancouver helped a bit. I'm so thankful I ran into you; I was having the silliest most meaningless conversations the day previous and they continued after you left and I started to get tired of not focusing on anything in particular for an extended amount of time.

I'm excited for you to blog some more. I'm also pretty happy that you've been leaving me blog comments as well. love love.