24.11.08

a message, and a reply.

You are utterly fascinating, judging from your profile. And, going strong, I'd say, at 62 years of age. I am only 76.

I used to be an atheist, but I have been a follower of Jesus Christ for 45 years now during which time I have come to see how much God loves everyone just as they are. (I am not into religion).

Jesus said, "I came that you might have life and have it more abundantly." I did not become a Christian until the age of 30. I am 75 now. From experience I know all about the "before" and the "after" of knowing Jesus.

I care about people--because God does. I'd be glad to be a sounding board for your thoughts and ideas, and to pray for you when times are rough for you.

Thanks for listening, Lambert


***********************************





hello lambert. i find jesus too dry, but i do like lemon chiffon cake. i have been a follower of lemon chiffon cake for over 45 years now. i used to denounce lemon chiffon cake, but it came to me in my sleep and entered my mouth and i became a true believer. (i am not a follower of recipes)...

but here is one for lemon chiffon cake to help you become a follower, too:

* 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 5 egg yolks
* 3/4 cup water
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
* 1 cup egg whites (about 8 to 10)
* 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preparation:
Into a mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center. To the well, add oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla, and lemon peel. Beat until smooth and creamy. Combine egg whites with cream of tartar; beat to very stiff peaks. Pour egg yolk batter in a thin stream over entire surface of beaten egg whites, carefully cutting and folding just to blend. Bake in an ungreased 10-inch tube pan at 325° for 55 minutes. Increase heat to 350° and cook 10 minutes longer. Invert pan; cool. Frost with seven minute frosting, fluffy frosting, or your favorite.


thanks for listening,

jaik.

1 comment:

Stevie said...

Lemon chiffon... a cult at best.
Black forest, now that is religion.